Autonomous Vehicle (Self Driving Car Technology)
1: First car and the first driver of the world:
Before telling about the self-driving car, we should know about the first car in the world and who is the first driver of the world? The first car driver of the world was not a man she was a lady, and her name was Bartha. She is the first lady of the world, who drive a car to 106 miles. It was the longest distance in the world. And Bartha’s husband was the first engineer in the world, who made the first car.
2: HISTORY OF THE SELF-DRIVING CAR:
Many years ago, driving was a very difficult thing. People thought that driving is any big task but, nowadays it’s very easy, it’s a cake of piece for everyone. Everyone can go wherever he wants, and now we know about self-driving cars also. We can also say it a self-driving car, a Robot car, an Autonomous car, and a driverless car. Lets, we know the history of the self-driving car.
WAYMO is the first car in the world, which can drive without. any driver. And there are many people in America, who get benefits from this car. The design of WAYMO is fantastic, and there are many cameras on it.
- WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF WAYMO’S CAMERA:
These cameras cover the view till 360 and give information about the environment around the car. WAYMO sends a million laser beams per second, as a result, it gives all information about things, which happened around the car. The high-resolution camera is used for collecting visual information, it tells about the other traffic’s speed and distance.
- MORE DETAILS ABOUT WAYMO:
WAYMO can identify every object and everything, which is happening around it. And after that, it can predict, what will the behavior of those objects?. Approximately, WAYMO can identify every object till 300m, and collect their information. So, we can say that WAYMO is a very smart car and there is used advanced AI(Artificial Intelligence) system.
3: ROBOT CAR’S LIST:
We should think about the self-driving car’s name, there is no exact list of robot cars. But we know about some driver-less cars.
- THE WAYMO
- THE BMW
- NISSAN CAR
- FORD CAR
- GENERAL MOTORS CAR
- DELPHI AUTOMOTIVE SYSTEMS
- TESLA CAR
- MERCEDES CAR
- BOSCH CAR
4: SELF DRIVER CARS LEVELS:
We know about the self-driving car that they can move, can drive itself, If there are any problems these cars can stop by itself. Perhaps, you don’t know that all self-driving cars are not alike, these are different from each other by their levels, there are some steps of self-driving cars are as follows.
LEVELS FROM 0 TO 5:
Different self-driving cars have levels from 0 to 5, which have different tasks.
- 0 level: the first level of the self-driving car is called o automation level, zero automation level means no automation function. Many cars which we see in Pakistan, there is no automatic function, we can see the automation features in premium cars.
- 1st level: in this step manual can be controlled with single function assist, the cars of this level have some automatic features, like emergency braking, lane packing, and car parking and so on. In this step, the car can work by itself in some ways, but mostly you must control it by yourself. We can see this type of feature in some premium cars like HONDA, MERCEDES, and TOYOTA.
- 2nd level: in this level the car can perform two or more automatic features at a time, if it can control emergency braking, it can change lane and it can also be parking and so on. But in level 1 the cars can do only one function at the time. “ TESLA is the best example of this type of cars, it made by America. They made a specific function in this car that is “AUTOPILOT MODE”, in this function you can keep your car in autopilot mode and the car can control by itself, but in this situation, you should keep your hands on steering because in the case of an accident you can save yourself”.
- 3rd level: we can say level three conditional automation level also. It is also called limited self-driving with human backup, in this level, the car worked by itself there are many cameras and sensors this type of car, which alert the environment surrounding the car. In this step, the car can control lane keeping, lane changing and car parking.
“The best example of this car is AUDI R8”.
- 4th level: This level can also be called autonomous for some modes, we can see this level in Google’s WAYMO car. In this step, the car can do all types of work, like speed control, stop and drive, monitor the surrounding environment and so on. If the car feels your needs and you can’t take control due to any reason, the car stopped at one side and saved you from any type of accident.
- 5th level: There are many companies working for the self-driving car, but they get to level four, this level can also be called a fully autonomous car for all modes. Working on this level’s cor is continuing but the only concept car is the best example of this car. In this car, the person can sit in a relaxed position without doing any job, the car does all the work by itself. “There is no brake pedal, no steering and no accelerator pedal in this car. You just sit in the car and tell your destination and cars start to drive”.
5: WHICH COMPANIES ARE WORKING ON DRIVERLESS CARS?:
6: INTERIOR UBER’S SELF DRIVING CARS:
Uber car is not a driven car but, some guy wants to make extra money off his own car, this uber drives itself. The ride-sharing giant came to Pittsburgh for its latest description, the country’s first autonomous taxi surface select uber users can now ride in the self-driving cars, with trained engineers at the wheel. Just in case, of course, if they do their job right they won’t be needed forever, here we go inside rider are greeted by a tablet that shows them, how the cars work?, And how it sees the world?. Uber plans to introduce a fleet of autonomous Volvo SUV is early next year, but, it’s using Ford fusions, for the time being, they can explore a 12-mile chunk of downtown Pittsburgh an area. The company’s engineers quickly plane to expand over bridges down narrow streets, around jaywalkers the car handles just about anything, tough the human engineer does have to grab the wheel every few minutes. The city of bridges is happy to host the Robo Revolution, with its promise of high tech jobs. And fewer crashes than ever before, even some people find the jerry-rigged Robo rides perplexed. It wasn’t really steel it was innovation, you will be built, Pittsburgh startup will choose places, based upon the ability to be innovative. And there’s never a time that regulations come before innovation, you can’t stop the clock. And if you demand to stop the clock all you’re assuring us that technology. And those jobs will be in a different city, unlike California and other states Pennsylvania hasn’t restricted the testing of these cars. This means there’s no rule against me climbing into the driver’s seat, so, it made that turned with no problem little adjustment there.
7: THE COMPLICATED ETHICS OF AUTONOMOUS CARS:
There are many complicated ethics of self-driving cars, we know that self-driving car is too much beneficial but, on the other hand, it has some complicated ethics which are:
“What happened when a driver-less car crashes?”
These situations are more understandable, we may have the irresponsible human driver at the wheel. But, one of the real lessons for automated driving, is that we need a shift from a model where crashes, are normal and inexorable to one where they are anomalous. And are very closely investigated in the ideal world, there would be no crashes. In the second-best world when crashed happened, we would be able to press play and instantly see exactly what happened?. And who was at fault?.
“BUT, IF A CAR DOES CRASH?
WHO DO BE BLAME?”
Well, it really depends on the reality in the law, in the same way, that if the two-car crashed today. We can’t directly say that who is at fault there is a range of different thespian. From the vehicle makers to the system automated driving system developer, to the provider of the data, to the owner and maintainers of that vehicle to all the other road users. Who might play a role in bringing about a crash, and the way the legal system works is many of those people could be sued. And multiple could eventually be found at fault.